Thursday, October 29, 2015

Trout Pond, Overcast

 
.... a little sanctuary near the village, public land with 2 trout ponds, forests, hills, and streams,....I enjoyed all my time there through the years. Acrylic collage painting on archival paper 9.5 x 13.75 inches, image size 7.75 x 10.25 inches.

These collages often start with one piece of paper, or sometimes 2 colours together that start to create a mood that was pervasive at the site. In this case, those 2 piece were the grey of the sky and the not quite fully dark green/black of the trees. I was hoping from the start that I wouldn't need to cover up too much of the grey, and am glad I was able to keep most of it. You never really know what will remain in the picture. In the attempt to get everything working together in a beautiful balance, anything might have to be sacrificed....

www.harrystooshinoff.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment