Thursday, December 31, 2015

Gate, New Year's Eve


Gate, New Year's Eve (sold).  ......the fresh snow after the first major storm....returning from the daily hike...almost home. Acrylic collage painting on Stonehenge paper.
I always enjoy when I can get away with using a collage paper with minimum or no manipulation. At the start of these sessions, I'll stand at my piles of pre-painted papers and select about 10-15 sheets, carefully considering the colours I plan to use. This way I don't have to search through a large pile and 1000s of colours. Usually the whole thing will rest upon the colour relationship between 2 or 3 colours. Here I was happy that the background sky colour needed no repainting. This is my last painting of 2015!

Have a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous 2016!

www.harrystooshinoff.com    

No comments:

Post a Comment