Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Sling


Visit me here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/paintbox
www.harrystooshinoff.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuHuLWsq7LQVYbd616Wzz2Q


Sling (Sold)
....calm, beautiful evenings.....big sky over harvested wheat. Acrylic collage painting on heavy archival paper 9.5 x 13 inches, image size 8.75 x 11 inches.

The method here is bit different from some of my others. I stand in front of the scene with full intention of making a picture of this specific view, and I commit a few things to memory....the few important things that I feel create the impact in the first place. THEN...no further reference is used to make the picture. The REASON for doing it this way is so that, in the process of painting, ONLY the paint, shape, colour, line, etc...are considered. The reference is internal, so the making of the painting is a bit more seamless. When I employ these different methods, the paintings work out somewhat differently in each case....

No comments:

Post a Comment