Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Timid Around Chain Saws??





 
......a bit timid around chainsaws???
I have 2 chainsaws...but this is by far my favourite. It's powered by a battery pack that fully charges in about 2 hours. With that charge you can make about 50 cuts...which is about all that pile of wood you see in one photo. The advantage of not using gas is...first....there is no pulling to start. It's push button start, and there is NO idle. You simply press the trigger when you want to make a cut, and the machine fully stops when you... release. No messy, noisy gas motor! This saw is wayyyyy quieter...you can use it without ear protection, although I always use ear protection anyway. It is good for light to middle duty work. To fell a large tree you would still need a gas chainsaw, but with this you can chop up a some pretty reasonable sizes. I use a leather sling (the pink dealy) to walk the cut up sections to the forest path, where I will load then into my garden tractor cart.

This chain saw is much easier to use than a gas powered one...but all chain saws can be very dangerous. If you have never handled a  chain saw before, take a short course on saw safety from a selling center, or get pointers from an old hand. Learn the 'dos and don'ts' and stay safe!

Visit me here:
www.harrystooshinoff.com  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment